Tuesday, April 9, 2013

MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter - Bright Forecast Review


Highlighters are one of my favourite makeup products ever! Dont care if I have lipsticks, or blushes, or foundation but highlighters are things I just cant live without.. I have all sorts of them, cream, liquid, powder from various brands. I had read a lot about MAC Prep + Prime Highlighters and went ahead and bought myself one!

MAC says: A pen-style highlighter that efficiently brings a soft sheer wash of colour to the skin. With its precision application, adds radiance just where you want it. Goes on smoothly for cushion-soft wear. Use over makeup for highlights, touch-ups or under makeup to brighten and prime. 

Theese highlighters come in three colors: Bright Forecast, Radiant Rose and Light Boost

After having tried all three, I felt Bright Forecast went well with my skin tone. It's not too yellow and not too pink. Light boost and Radiant Rose are too light and probably best for extremely fair people. These highlighters are slightly different from your regular ones in two ways:
1 - They contain no shimmer particles
2 - They can be used in the under eye area to lighten or as they say 'awaken' it

 

Bright Forecast on the back of my palm


Blended



The pen style shape makes it very easy to apply them. Just one sweep across the under eye and cheek bone area is enough to bring in the brightening effect. They make the skin look smoother and clearer and hence more alight without being shiny or glittery. That makes them perfect for the day time. 
I normally use a very little amount under the eye as I have dark circles and the use there makes the area more obvious I feel. So I would reccomend the same to all the girls with dark circles - just use it on the cheek bones, brow area or the bridge of your nose. The consistensy is light and slightly creamy which is why the product glides on the skin easily and blends well. 

Things I like:-
Consistensy - very light and smooth and blends very well
The shade is perfect for most Indian faces
Contains no shimmer particles
Excellent for use in the day time without making it look very obvious
Can be used either under or on top of make up (I usually use it on top just one areas that need highlighting)
Very light and handy 
The pen style dispenser makes it easy to use

Dislike:-
Cant be used in the evenings :(
Expensive (like all things MAC, but then a little product goes a long way so it would last you a good few months)
With the opaqueness of the 'pen' you can never tell how much product is left

Rating: 4/5
Price: Rs 1200
Available at: All MAC stores and counters across India. For more info, please check MAC India Store Locator











4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why do you say they can't be used in the evenings?

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can use it in the evenings just to awaken your under eye area.. but as a highlighter you would probably need something stronger.. I would suggest Mac cream color base Hush for that.. it is an excellent highlighter for the evenings and brings a beautiful sheen on the cheek bone.. will be posting a review on that soon.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bought this and radiant rose n both have glitter in it?

    ReplyDelete