Friday, April 12, 2013

Home Remedy for Glowing Skin - One that I swear by!


My combination - oily skin (combination in winters and oily in summers) does not like facials :( 
Every time ive got one, I've had pimples the very next day! And believe me there is not even a single type that I havnt tried that was recommended by the salon people.. all those Kasmara, Oxy, fruit, herbal, kaya and what not have been a complete waste of time and money for me. Even the most sensitive ones have done more damage than good :'(. I could go on venting about this topic but I'd rather get on to what works for me instead. Its simple and home made and the best part is that it works! 

Ingredients:-

  • Besan (Gram flour. It has skin lightening properties that gently remove the tan and is great for skin that is prone to acne) - 2 spoons 
  • Haldi (Turmeric. It is a herbal antiseptic and combined with besan gives a glow) - 1 pinch
  • Juice of 1 lemon (Lemon is a natural antioxidant and a bleaching agent and lightens the dark spots)
  • Grated orange peel (It is a high source of Vitamin C and maintains the natural balance of skin oils. It absorbs excess oil and keeps the skin tight)
  • Curd - 1 spoon (Curd has soothing properties that help ease any skin irritation by cooling the skin)
  • Honey - 1 spoon (It contains Vitamins B & C and keeps the skin supple, hydrated and elastic. Regular use protects the skin against dryness and wrinkles)
Mix all these ingredients together and you have a gentle scrub and mask that you can use as frequently as possible. The quantity of the mask that comes out of all these put together is good enough to last a whole week. So I just put it in a bowl, cover it with cling film and store it in the fridge after using.

For girls who have extremely oily skin should put only have a tea spoon of honey. 

Expect a slightly thick consistency which you can lighten by adding a bit of rose water if you like. 

Apply this pack all over your face and neck and leave it on for 20 mins. Wash it off once its dry and follow it with a moisturiser. 

Every single time I use this, I feel like my skin has become softer, clearer and it glows! As if Ive just got a facial done! I love this pack and on regular use (2-3 times a week), I feel like my the dark spots on my face left behind by ungodly pimples have become lighter.. 

I love the subtle glow on my skin that I get after using this mask and I would recommend this to everyone. Just try and you will be hooked to it just like me! 

4 comments:

  1. Yes , even I agree :)
    This pack will bring back the glow on your face and that too with no side-effects .
    Everyone should try it out..!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My brother recommended I would possibly like this website.
    He was once entirely right. This submit actually made my day.
    You can not imagine just how a lot time I had spent for this info!
    Thank you!

    My homepage - Pure HCA

    ReplyDelete
  3. i swear by dis face pack!! i too am oily skined,dis one works wonders fr me!!! it definately ligtens d acne spots!!(hav couple of acne spots :(

    ReplyDelete