Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Forest Essentials Hand Pounded Organic Fruit Scrub Review



My skin tone: Medium, Type: Combination to Oily

FOREST ESSENTIALS – Hand pounded Organic Fruit Scrub


I tried FE for the first time at the behest of my ex-flatmate who had brought home this scrub in a tiny jar and I was hooked on to it the minute she took the lid off and I put on a little bit on my face. It smells like being around roses with a subtle whiff of apricots and a gentle kiss of honey! And oh how I absolutely loved the feel of this scrub on my face! I would bathe in it if it wasn’t so expensive!

Forest Essentials Claims – This nourishing face scrub, hand-pounded to the right consistency, blends fresh organically grown dates, peaches and apricots with rich apricot kernel oil, pure honey and finely milled almonds to gently exfoliate dull cells, revealing a beautifully polished and glowing complexion. With an intensive conditioning action and packed with antioxidants, it is the ultimate skin food. It Nourishes, Exfoliates and Polishes.


Ingredients – Purified rose water, fermented date pulp, fermented peach pulp, sweet almond crushed seeds, crushed walnut seeds, organic honey, bael powder, glycerine, vitamin E, manjishtha and nagkesar.

Directions – Use a small amount on the damp skin after cleansing and toning and rub gently to cleanse.


My experience

The consistency of the FE Hand Pounded Organic Fruit scrub is slightly thick yet gentle on the skin. Normally over time and especially during the winter months, as it does get a little thicker, I add a bit of rose water to get the right consistency. Most of the scrubs make my combination skin very stretchy in places but this one is perfect. Though it should be used simply like a scrub, I normally take a small amount and spread it all over my face and leave it on for five minutes. I then just scrub it off with upward strokes and the result is skin that feels nourished and clean, polished with a subtle glow! (I think FE really means it when it says that a particular product will add glow to your skin.)
I feel girls with normal to dry skins can also try this but may not leave it on their skin as I do.

Things I love:-
Doesn’t dry my face
It’s gentle on the skin and in no way feels harsh
Gives a very soft and supple feel to the skin
Polishes the skin giving it an instant glow
Will probably suit all skin types
The mild fragrance that lingers on till a lot later
The packaging! Comes in a small carry bag with a bow and dried rose petals inside J

Dislike:-
It is a bit expensive like most other FE products. Although a jar does last me about two months and for the results it gives, I would say it’s absolutely worth it!

Rating – 4.5/5
Price – Rs. 1175 
Available at - www.forestessentialsindia.com and at Forest Essentials stores across the country

Recommendation – A great scrub for people who love all things organic and aren’t too keen on lapping their skin up with products loaded with chemicals. I would recommend it specially for working women who at times need that instant glow as it really lifts up a tired and dull skin. For me it’s the third time I’ve bought it and has really become the ultimate food for my skin!


2 comments:

  1. Seems very interesting..... can the guys use it too :) I hail from AFRICA and was wondering since we have a lot of extreme of temperatures whether this product will serve my extremely oily skin any good?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you must give it a try.. men or women, it would definitely be good for oily skin. Plus its all organic so cant do any harm! Let me know what you think of it once you try it..

    ReplyDelete